WE'RE HIRING - Events Coordinator
JOB ADVERT - Events Coordinator
Sheffield Creative Guild is a membership cooperative which supports, promotes and connects creatives of all persuasions and positions from across the region. We launched in May 2016 and now have over 600 individual and organisation members. Find out more about the Guild here. The Guild is currently run by Development Manager Jane Shields and Digital Producer Brett Chapman alongside a voluntary Board of Directors.
We are looking for a talented, committed and flexible individual with excellent event management skills to deliver and grow our annual events programme. In the last two years, the Guild has hosted over 40 events from workshops and showcases to symposiums and parties, and as our membership and our offer grow we are looking to expand our team. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a creative environment as part of a supportive and ambitious team delivering high quality events to support our members.
We are looking for a proactive individual who will bring fresh new ideas to the company and is excited at the prospect of working with us to help the Guild and our members grow and thrive.
Purpose of Job:
To work closely with the team to devise and deliver a vibrant programme of annual events.
Hours: Part time - 15 hours a week, flexible - evening work will be required for events
Salary: £18,000 pro rata
Location: Sheffield City Centre
Responsible to: Development Manager
- Deliver our existing annual programme of events
- Bring fresh ideas and devise new events that will benefit our member and community
- Along with the team, host and compère events
- Liaise with external partners and venues
- Update the website and social media platforms with event details
- Work with the Digital Producer to ensure clear and effective marketing of the events programme
- Manage event budgets
- Create and implement feedback procedures and ongoing evaluation
- Represent the Guild at external meetings and events and advocate for our work
- Identify and undertake training as necessary to ensure that you are well equipped to achieve the role outlined above
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of event planning and delivery
- Experience of working directly with a variety of people or customers
- Experience of working in the creative or events sector
- Must be sociable and confident to speak in public and host events
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage strict deadlines
- Willingness to work flexibly with changing business needs
- Knowledge of Sheffield and the creative sector
- Knowledge of Sheffield Creative Guild’s projects, delivery and values
- Experience of working with external partners
- Experience of marketing and publicising events
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of website management
- Experience of social media
Please send your CV and a 1 side of A4 or a video statement outlining your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have an Equal Opportunities Form which we would also be grateful if you could return to us along with your application.
Download this job advert here.
Deadline: Friday 21st December 2018, 12pm
Interviews: Week commencing 7th January
For an informal chat about the role please contact Jane Shields on email@example.com