Could you be a director on our board?
We’re looking for new directors to join our board.
To determine the future, to represent the membership, to add to our voice and energise our efforts to be a bright, vital part of every creative career in our city.
Sheffield Creative Guild is only three years old, but we’re already more than 800 members strong. That’s 800 talents of all persuasions, ages and stages, connected through the Guild, building their craft and community, and raising the reputation and profile of our creative city.
We’re electing 8 new positions – every one of them is a great chance to make a real contribution to our membership and to Sheffield’s reputation as a creative hotspot. And you’ll be working with a brilliant team and building invaluable experience and professional connections across Sheffield and beyond.
Elections will take place during October and we’d love a decent election that shows us the talent and energy that’s at the heart of the Guild!
If you want to stand…
- You must be a current member of the Guild
- You must be prepared to attend our 6 core board meetings each year, plus other meetings as required, and events as and when appropriate / possible
- You must be able to commit the time to support staff and help drive forward the Guild agenda (assume 4-6 hours each month as a guide)
- And ready to enjoy the benefits of building your experience and network, being seen and heard, making great things happen for our city and its creatives.
Here’s what to do…
- See which of the following board positions you’d be best suited to
- Email email@example.com by September 26th and he’ll send a form for you to complete that will allow you to tell us a bit more about you, your work and what you’ll bring to the Guild. You can also fire any questions at him and someone from the team / board will contact you to answer them.
- Complete and submit the form before September 30th
- We’ll circulate your details to membership for election, and the vote will take place online in October.
- Elected directors will be notified at the end of the month and we’ll reveal the new board at our AGM in November.
Here are the board positions we want to elect
- 1 x freelance members – representing the Guild’s freelance membership.
- 2 x organisation members – two positions, one representing the not for profit sector and one the commercial.
- 1 x student/graduate member – to represent the student membership.
- 1 x management support member – with management experience who can support the team, especially the development manager in leading the Guild.
- 1 x income generation support – with income generation and fundraising experience who can support the team, especially the development manager in exploring and exploiting new income opportunities.
- 1 x marketing support – with marketing experience to support the team especially the digital producer in promoting and marketing the Guild and membership.
- 1 x events support – with experience of organising events, to support the team and in particular, the events coordinator in the development and delivery of our exciting programme.
If you want to talk about joining the board our current directors are happy to discuss it with you. You can reach board members through the ‘our board’ section of the Guild website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org