A further £100k of funding, which offers grants and support to freelance arts and cultural workers based in Sheffield has been announced by Culture Consortium and Sheffield City Council. It follows the success of Freelance Fund Round 1, which awarded over £77,000 to 83 freelancers in Sheffield in April this year.
Round 2 is open NOW and will provide:
- Grants of up to £3,000; Open to Sheffield-based freelance arts and culture workers to adapt their businesses and develop their creative practice through research and development, training or upskilling and creating new work.
- Grants of up to £15k: Open to Sheffield-based organisations to enhance existing or develop new equipment resources for arts and cultural freelancers in Sheffield, responding to the need identified in Round 1.
- a programme of training, information and advice sessions delivered by Sheffield Creative Guild, to support creative freelancers in Sheffield to develop and grow their business. The programme has been developed in response to requirements identified in applications in the first round of funding.
Deadline for applications: Monday 6 September, 9am
Decisions announced – w/c Friday 8 October
This fund will be available to:
- Freelance Arts Workers (including artists, curators, events producers, makers, musicians, sound engineers, writers, for example) who are practicing, have a studio or live in Sheffield.
- Arts Workers at all stages of their careers
- Organisations (applying for the Equipment Provision activity) must be based in Sheffield and have an existing track record of proving support for artists and creative freelancers/art workers.