From emerging talent to creatives with decades of experience, our members benefit from connections to meet new people, promotion to find new clients, audiences and collaborators and support grow their businesses. In the last two years we have grown our network to over 500 individual creatives from around the region.
Individual membership starts at just £3.25 a month and is open to anyone working as a freelancer or within an organisation. If you have any questions regarding membership please contact us.
What you get:
- Access to an online community of creative individuals and organisations in the region
- Promote your work and find new clients through a profile on the website
- Find collaborators and connect with other members
- Access to all Guild events from our monthly socials to workshops, parties and showcasing opportunities
- Marketing support and promotion through the Guild’s network and social media
- Opportunity to feature on our blog
- Use the Members’ Area of the website to find jobs, news, events and opportunities
- Find support and ask questions on the message board
- Access to our Members’ Area on Facebook
- Access to bespoke resources to help support you including advice on applying for funding, finding space in the city, tax and HMRC etc.
- Newsletters with sector and regional news, events and opportunities
- Use the Guild Timebank to access skills, talent and knowledge on an hour exchange basis
- 1-hour free legal support from Taylor and Emmet Solicitors
- Opportunity to feature on Our Favourite Places 'Meet the Locals'
- Advocacy, lobbying and campaigning for and on behalf of the sector in the region and beyond
- Discounts and promotions on events and services in the city
Read all about how membership helped one member here.
"Being a member of the Guild has been really helpful for my illustration business. I work from home and felt disconnected to the sector. Being part of a creative community has helped me connect with other freelancers, I have used the timebank and the members database has brought some paid work my way too."Kate Morgan, Illustrator
There are two subscription options:
- Individual membership - £79 a year / £20 a quarter (equivalent to £6.58 a month)
- Concession membership - £39 a year / £10 a quarter (equivalent to £3.25 a month)
Since my membership began, the Creative Guild has provided me with work opportunities, networking and friendships. I managed to win a Guild-exclusive commission, which in turn led to me meeting the director of a large creative organisation and being offered a large-scale work opportunity.Tony Gibbs, Designer
We aim to make the Guild affordable for everyone and we are aware that it is sometimes hard to make a living and so we are keen to offer a concessionary membership rate for those people on a low income. Concessionary membership is for anyone whose annual income is less than £14,000 a year.
You must be over 18 years old to join the Guild.
Membership is on a subscription basis and automatically renews.
If you have any questions regarding membership please contact us.