From emerging talent to creatives with decades of experience, our members benefit from connections to meet new people, promotion to find new clients, audiences and collaborators and support grow their businesses. In the last two years we have grown our network to over 700 individual creatives from around the region.
Individual membership starts at just £3.25 a month and is open to anyone working as a freelancer or within an organisation. If you have any questions regarding membership please contact us.
What you get:
- Access to our online community of creative individuals and organisations; find collaborators and connect with other members
- Promote your work and find new clients with an online profile and opportunities to feature on our blog, newsletter and social media
- Access to all Guild events from our monthly socials to workshops, parties and showcasing opportunities
- Be part of our advocacy and lobbying campaigns in the region and beyond - make your voice heard
- Use the Guild Timebank to access the skills, talent and knowledge of our community
- Access to bespoke resources to help support you including advice on applying for funding, finding space in the city, tax and HMRC etc.
- Use the members area of the website to find jobs, news, events and opportunities find support and ask questions through the message board
- Access to our Members’ Area group on Facebook
- Access to our more focused, member-led sub-groups and networks
- Regular newsletters with sector and regional news, events and opportunities
- 1-hour free legal support from Taylor and Emmet Solicitors
- Opportunity to feature on Our Favourite Places 'Meet the Locals' website
- Access to exclusive discounts and services from Guild members and our wider community
We are constantly adding new benefits for members as we grow and develop as an organisation.
Read all about how membership helped one member here.
"Being a member of the Guild has been really helpful for my illustration business. I work from home and felt disconnected to the sector. Being part of a creative community has helped me connect with other freelancers, I have used the timebank and the members database has brought some paid work my way too."Kate Morgan, Illustrator
There are two subscription options:
- Individual membership - £79 a year / £20 a quarter (equivalent to £6.58 a month)
- Concession membership - £39 a year / £10 a quarter (equivalent to £3.25 a month)
Since my membership began, the Creative Guild has provided me with work opportunities, networking and friendships. I managed to win a Guild-exclusive commission, which in turn led to me meeting the director of a large creative organisation and being offered a large-scale work opportunity.Tony Gibbs, Designer
We aim to make the Guild affordable for everyone and we are aware that it is sometimes hard to make a living and so we are keen to offer a concessionary membership rate for those people on a low income. Concessionary membership is for anyone whose annual income is less than £14,000 a year.
You must be over 18 years old to join the Guild.
Membership is on a subscription basis and automatically renews.
If you have any questions regarding membership please contact us.