Our network is home to over 700 individual creatives from around the region. From students and graduates to people with decades of experience, we all benefit from connection, support and promotion to meet new people, find new clients, audiences and collaborators and grow together.
As the talent of the future, we believe it is important to support students at all stages of their education and we work in partnership with both universities in the city to do that.
Together with Sheffield Institute of Arts we run a series of events each year aimed at students and recent graduates which bring students together with professional creatives from the region and beyond.
Student membership is just £1.66 a month and is open to any student whether you study at one of the city's universities or elsewhere. If you have any questions regarding membership please contact us.
What you get:
- Access to our online community of creative individuals and organisations; find collaborators and connect with other members
- Promote your work and find new clients with an online profile and opportunities to feature on our blog, newsletter and social media
- Access to all Guild events from our monthly socials to workshops, parties and showcasing opportunities
- Be part of our advocacy and lobbying campaigns in the region and beyond - make your voice heard
- Use the Guild Timebank to access the skills, talent and knowledge of our community
- Access to bespoke resources to help support you including advice on applying for funding, finding space in the city, tax and HMRC etc.
- Use the members area of the website to find jobs, news, events and opportunities find support and ask questions through the message board
- Access to our Members’ Area group on Facebook
- Access to our more focused, member-led sub-groups and networks
- Regular newsletters with sector and regional news, events and opportunities
- 1-hour free legal support from Taylor and Emmet Solicitors
- Access to exclusive discounts and services from Guild members and our wider community
Read all about how membership helped one member here.
"Sheffield Creative Guild has really helped me gain confidence in talking to people within the creative industry. As a student, having the confidence to speak to people who have been there and done it, and are continuing to do it, I think is really important. It not only helps your confidence but through networking and talking to people, it also creates potential contacts and job opportunities after Uni. I’ve met some really interesting, lovely people through the Guild from different backgrounds and professions. Everyone is really welcoming, even if you go on your own!"Sam Benham, 3rd year Graphic Design student, Sheffield Hallam University
How much does it cost?
Student membership is £20 a year that is equivalent to £1.66 a month.
In order to qualify for student membership, you need to be in full time education at the time of joining.
It is not possibly to pay student membership in instalments.
You must be over 18 years old to join the Guild.
If you have any questions regarding membership please contact us.