We are seeking to recruit a part-time Box Office Assistant for the Civic Theatre until 1st September 2022 (with potential to extend)
Contract: Temporary (Until 1st September 2022)
Hours: 15 hours a week (Working on a rota basis to include regular evenings weekends and bank holidays.)
Salary: £7,809 (pay award pending)
The Box Office Assistants will play a key role in the delivery of excellent box office services within the Theatre’s performances and shows. Being the first point of contact with all customers and visitors they will have excellent communication and make every effort to know as much as possible about each event presented.
The Box Office Assistant will:
- Provide a high-quality experience for all visitors and customers booking tickets for shows and events.
- Support the team by managing the customer-facing sales of tickets including refunds concessions and promotions.
- Operate the online Box Office computer system ensuring compliance with IT policies and legislation.
- Support the Marketing & Business Development Manager in the distribution and administration of all publicity materials across a number of channels including digital media.
- Be responsible for cash handling and reconciliation at the end of each shift
- The candidate will be a good team worker and able to prioritise their workload. Hours will be rota’ed in advance.
The role requires:
- Experience of working in a customer service role.
- Excellent communication skills including dealing with customers and visitors.
- Experience of working in an environment where literacy and numeracy skills have been demonstrated.
- Experience of using a range of computer applications and ICT including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, internet and e-mail.
- Experience of basic cash handling and reconciliation.
- Experience of general office administration.
- Experience of working with a Box Office Management system
Deadline: Thursday 9th June 2022