We’re looking for a collections assistant to assist the National Videogame Museum in completing museum accreditation process, to support development of a more accessible collection, and to deliver a cataloguing project.
Contract: Fixed term for 12 months
Hours: Full-time (40 hours / 5 days a week, flexible)
- Assist the museum accreditation process by completing and delivering the Managing Collections section.
- Design and deliver a cataloguing project
- Support the development of a more accessible Collection.
- Review and develop the NVM’s Collections policy within the guidelines of the
- Submit policy and incorporate feedback from stakeholders
- Finalise the Collections policy section in the Accreditation submission
- Identify key elements of the Collection
- Design a cataloguing project for a subset of objects in the Collection
- Deliver the cataloguing project, documenting, cataloguing, researching and labelling
objects using our collections management system
Accessibility of the Collection:
- Assist with the management and care of the Collection, including handling, packing
and storage of objects
- Develop interpretation plans for elements of the Collection with curatorial staff
- Devise ways to Improve the general accessibility of the Collection for both the public
- Use Beacon, our Customer Relationship Management system, to understand visitor
engagement with collections including object handling sessions and object offers
- Handle and track Collections enquiries including loans
Download the full job description below:
Collections Assistant – National Videogame Museum (PDF)
Deadline: Tuesday 07 June 2022, 10am
Applications should be emailed in the form of an attached cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the subject: Collections Assistant [your full name]
Please note that applications without a cover letter may not be considered.