We require a Graphics/Content Creator for the weeks/months leading up to the festival to help us reach and connect with audiences locally, nationally, and globally.
Contract: Fixed-term (29th April – 25th June)
Hours: 18 days part time across 10 weeks. Hours may be dispersed across more days. This will involve two weekends.
Migration Matters Festival is a 9-day theatre and arts festival in Sheffield celebrating the positive impact of migration in the UKs largest Refugee Week festival programme which runs parallel to Refugee Week. Our dates this year are the 17th-25th June.
- To design visually exciting content for social media which promotes the festival and its programmed events, stories that correspond with the festival’s themes, blogs, articles and any content as agreed with Marketing Manager and Brand Designer.
- To ensure consistency of brand across platforms.
- To design regular festival newsletters
- To design lively, accessible and entertaining content that represents our brand identity.
- To work in collaboration with Marketing Manager and Brand Designer for social media strategy and across all social media platforms.
- To oversee social media design volunteers where necessary.
- To attend regular festival meetings.
- Previous design experience is essential
- Experience working across multiple social media platforms is essential
- Must own Photoshop or other design software as agreed with Brand Designer
- In depth understanding of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter is desirable
- Social media management is desirable
- Previous arts industry experience is desirable
- A knowledge of issues relating to migration & the asylum process is desirable
We especially welcome applications from candidates with lived experience of migration, displacement and seeking sanctuary.
Should you require translation support please send us an email at the address listed below.
To apply send your CV (with a reference), accompanied by a cover letter of 500 words or a 3-minute video/audio recording to [email protected]
Deadline: Friday 22nd April 2022