Sheffield DocFest is looking for an Events Assistant for its 2022 edition.
Contract: Fixed term, payroll contract
Hours: Monday 23 May to Friday 1 July (inclusive of festival dates over the weekend, 23 – 28
Fee: 30 days // £75 per day // £2250
Summary of deliverables:
- Plan logistics of festival events with the Events Manager;
- Assist with the production of special events such as Opening Night, Closing Night, Festival Awards Ceremony, as well as Sponsored Receptions and Parties as required by the Events Manager;
- Learn and use existing Sheffield DocFest internal administrative events management systems;
- Create and assist with collating guest lists for each event as needed;
- Construct detailed event running sheets and communicate these to all parties in good time;
- Assist with the preparation of events notices for each event;
- Assist with sourcing venues and menu options for guests of the Board Dinner and DocDinner;
- Attend the Volunteer briefing and induction as required,
- Communicate with the Volunteer team regarding Volunteer numbers for networking and social events;
- Work with the Production and Events teams to ensure correct access times are in place for each venue;
- Collate and track invoices from venues and service providers;
- Take delivery, track and store any sponsor branding and materials sent in advance of the festival;
- Liaise with sponsors to take delivery of promotional clip reels, videos or slides they wish to screen on plasmas at their events;
- Deliver briefings to the Venue Coordinators on the requirements and running orders for each event;
- Assist with furniture and dressing of venues;
- Ensure tickets for the Opening Night carry correct event information, are printed before the deadline and distributed as per agreed plans;
- Task manage the Volunteers who will help run events on the ground;
- Together with the Marketing team, ensure venue dressing and signage takes place safely and in good time before doors open;
- Assist in the production of the Award Ceremony – gathering clips from Films and Alternate Realities team, keeping track of the information needed by required deadlines;
- Liaise with the Films team regarding Jury decisions on Award winners in time to change the script and engrave trophies before the awards ceremony during the Festival;
- Ensure that the production of trophies and any other gifts given to award winners are prepared in time for the Awards Ceremony;
- Give direction to door staff at each event as and when required;
- Announce doors open on time and ensure running schedules are adhered to at all events;
- Attend daily meetings at the Festival;
- Act as a point of contact for questions and problems between venue/catering staff and DocFest staff;
- Ensure events notices are updated with any changes and informing relevant parties accordingly;
- Ensure event catering requirements are as required before the start of each event;
- Acting as a representative of Sheffield DocFest at all times;
- Ensuring timely changeover of events including venue dressing and slide changes in coordination with the Marketing team;
- Assist with the organisation of the Volunteers party;
- Assist with ensuring audiences are scanned/counted at each event;
- Assist with event sheets are completed for each event;
- Assist with post-festival evaluation and reporting to funders and partners;
- Feed into the Festival debrief document;
- Provide a handover document.
Download the full job description below:
Deadline: Thursday 5th May 2022, 9:00 am
We are inviting anyone who might be interested in working for Sheffield DocFest to apply for their preferred role(s) by submitting an up-to-date CV and either a) a covering letter (no longer than 2 sides of A4), or b) a video letter (up to 6 minutes in length). Please tell us about why you have chosen to apply to work for Sheffield DocFest, what you can bring to the festival, why you want to apply for the role (s) you have chosen, and how you meet the criteria. Please state clearly the role or roles that you are interested in.
We monitor the diversity of our workforce and for the purposes of reporting to our key funders we ask that you help us by completing the following questionnaire anonymously.
Please send applications to: Maria Stoneman, Head of HR & Participation: recruitment [at] sheffdocfest.com. If you have any questions or further enquiries please direct them to the same email address.
If you require further information (including requests for printed forms/access support), please contact us on +44 (0) 114 276 5141.