We are asking for submissions and proposals to be part of the 2022 festival which will be assessed by the voluntary director and trustees of ‘Arts on the Run’, the charity now running Migration Matters Festival.
The 2022 festival will be working with a whole host of locally based community organisations, national bodies such as Refugee Week and Counterpoints Arts as well as international partners to help coordinate a rich and exciting programme, hosting in-person events across Sheffield as well as online/digital events for the global community.
It is essential that proposals are supporting groups/organisations/individuals led by or supporting people who have lived experience of migration, displacement, seeking sanctuary or refugee status.
We advise proposals to be relevant to at least three of the following criteria:
- Celebrate the positive impact of migration
- Is interdisciplinary
- Has bold and experimental ideas
- Sheds a new light on a subject or issue
- Has a participatory element
- Responds to the Refugee Week 2022 theme of ‘healing’
- Is culturally representative
- Transcends language barriers (not reliant on English)
To fill out the form and apply, click here.
Deadline: Sunday 20th February 2022
Please contact [email protected] if you need any support or further information.