We’re looking for a talented Freelance Guitar Tutor to join our team in March 2022 with the specific role of teaching online as well as in schools.
As Associate Partners with the Sheffield Music Hub, we seek a talented Freelance Guitar Tutor to join our existing team in delivering outstanding music tuition in both Primary and Secondary settings.
The successful applicant will begin on a freelance basis at £15-£20 per hour. Initially starting on a part-time basis with an estimated 6 hours per week, the successful candidate will work alongside the company directors to promote and expand guitar teaching within schools.
Teaching is on a 1-to-1 basis, both online via Zoom on selected weekday evenings and face-to-face within schools.
The successful applicant will be:
- an excellent communicator with children
- confident with delivering online music lessons over Zoom
- committed to inspiring young musicians
- an experienced musician
- able to demonstrate relevant guitar skills that relate to the modern popular musician
- comfortable with the use of technology
- organised, punctual and have good time management skills
- available for weekday teaching across 33 weeks of the Sheffield academic year
- able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the term “freelancer” (i.e conducting business in a self-employed capacity)
On successful appointment the applicant must:
- agree to an Enhanced DBS check
- provide evidence of right to work in the UK
- agree to undertake safeguarding training
- provide evidence of own public liability insurance
- ideally be able to begin teaching in ASAP
Selected applicants will be invited to interview and conduct a trial 20min lesson in Sheffield.
Deadline: Wednesday 16th March 2022
Please email CVs with a short introductory statement (250 words max) to our Office Manager; Mandy Linder at [email protected]