We’re looking for a proactive and focussed person to help us manage our online shop and grow our direct sales whilst also providing administrative and practical support to the studio as a whole.
Hours: Negotiable – between 16 hours and 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £19,000 – £21,000 pro rata plus pension, depending upon experience
This is an extremely varied role, covering general administrative tasks but also basic production work (for which full training will be provided) You will be responsible for such tasks as managing the shop inventory, fulfilment and creating digital content to support the marketing of products. The hours are flexible and we think this role would suit someone with a background in administration or marketing but who is interested in ceramics and craftsmanship and keen to gain practical making experience.
- Processing and packaging orders
- Using quickbooks to raise invoices, process wholesale orders and file expenses
- Answering customer service emails
- Communication with clients
- Working with the production team to assist in various making tasks, of which full training will be provided.
- Ordering packaging materials
- Ordering raw materials
- Editing and uploading product photography
- Working with Catherine to create digital content for social media and email campaigns
- Mixing and sieving glazes
- Weighing out clay and using pug mill
- Associated glazing tasks such as sanding, waxing, wiping
- Loading kilns
- General Cleaning
- Assist with any physical events such as open studio, fairs, exhibitions etc..
- Representing Pottery West at craft / trade fairs
For full job description, click here.
Deadline: Monday 30th May 2022, 5pm
Please apply via email to [email protected] including a cover letter detailing your experience and suitability to this role.