We require a marketing and communications manager for the weeks/months leading up to Migration Matters Festival to help us reach and connect with audiences in and outside Sheffield.
Contract: Fixed-term (29th April – 8th July 2022)
Hours: 27 days part-time across 10 weeks. Hours may be dispersed across more days. This will involve two weekends in June.
- To ensure the festival has a local, and regional reach via a thorough marketing, social media and local press strategy.
- Creating and managing a social media campaign.
- Working with our branding manager and graphic designer for content creation.
- To oversee marketing strategy for programmed events and artists.
- To oversee copy writing
- To write up a marketing campaign for the festival
- To write up a press release and disseminate to local media outlets
- Work with our social media lead to create copy and engaging content for platforms and website
- To write copy and oversee volunteer copywriters for social media posting.
- To support recruitment of an evaluation writer.
- To oversee and create content for regular newsletters across festival mailing list
- To oversee functionality of website
- To boost festival exposure across local broadcast, digital and print media
- To create and lay out a user-friendly feedback & evaluation system that accommodates non-English speaking audiences.
- To attend regular team meetings
- To attend an evaluation session at the end of the project (date tbc)
- Previous marketing and comms experience is essential
- Excellent communication and written skills is essential
- Social media management is desirable
- Previous arts industry experience is desirable
- A knowledge of issues relating to migration & the asylum process is desirable
We especially welcome applications from candidates with lived experience of migration, displacement and seeking sanctuary.
Should you require translation support please send us an email at the address listed below.
To apply send your CV (with a reference), accompanied by a cover letter of 500 words or a 3-minute video/audio recording to [email protected]
Deadline: Friday 22nd April 2022