We are seeking a motivated and ambitious Service Manager to lead on the design and development of the service, identifying and implementing new models of systems change, creating new products and services and ensuring high quality programme delivery is underpinned by a sustainable business model.
Salary: £44,624 – £47,665 dependent on experience
We are looking for an engaging, credible, and confident individual to lead this team as it begins a new chapter. A self-starter with a passion for music, culture, arts and heritage, our new Service Manager will be well-connected in the sector and able to galvanise and inspire communities, performers, teachers, schools, funders and delivery partners to achieve the aims of the service and meet the challenge of the Rotherham Cultural Strategy.
The Music Service Manager will:
- Oversee the strategic and operational delivery of the Music Service with accountability for the overall service budget and income targets
- Design and deliver targeted audience development strategies to increase engagement and participation with music education and programming at all ages
- Act as the accountable point of contact for Rotherham Music Education Hub with responsibility for governance and financial reporting alongside sector development and support within the wider sector network
- Deliver a high-quality service to schools encompassing whole class teaching, small group and individual tuition, and ensembles through the management and supply of peripatetic teaching staff
- Develop and deliver strategic business plans, fundraising strategies and oversee the management of resources across the service
Deadline: Sunday 7th August 2022, 12am (midnight)