Utopia Theatre is seeking a Producer to support their new production exploring the legacy of Black Female footballers with young women aged 25 and under, as well as supporting the team evaluate the community impact of the project.
Hours: This is a fixed term freelance contract from August 2022 – April 2023
Based at: Sheffield Theatres / Remote Working
Fee: £3000 (based on 20 days at £150 p/d)
Key duties include:
- Act as “Production Producer” leading on the production of the Emma Clarke Project for its planned opening of April 2023
- Recruit and contract appropriate members of the creative team
- Provide day to day management of the production.
- Work with the marketing team to develop and deliver effective audience engagement strategies for production.
- Ensure all work is produced to a high standard.
- Anticipate and manage artistic needs within the constraints of schedules and budgets.
- Ensure Utopia Theatre and partners pursue their objectives as defined in signed project and production agreements.
- Act as an Engagement Producer, overseeing the participant recruitment of 100 young women 25 and under to participate in the production in various roles (including acting, directing, writing, light, and sound design, producing etc.)
- Visit and hold forums with community groups and schools who will become project partners
- Work with the project Researcher to oversee the creation of school packs to be sent out to all schools and youth groups involved in the project.
- Attend and participate in external meetings and remain informed and up to date on the latest reports, lines of practice and opportunities existing for diverse communities in Sheffield to ensure our practice is up to date, relevant and follows best practice.
- Keep up to date on legislation around working with young people, such as DBS checks.
Download the full job description below:
Producer (Freelance) – Utopia Theatres (PDF)
Deadline: Wednesday 27th July at 5pm