Barnsley Council are seeking an experienced Programme Development Manager to join the team based in Barnsley.
Hours: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract: Fixed-term (until 31/03/2025)
Salary: £36,371 – £39,571 per annum
Come and join us at Barnsley Council leading a ground-breaking project putting culture and heritage at the heart of communities across Barnsley. At Barnsley Council, we’re making big changes to the places around us, with culture at the heart, to benefit all who live and work here. You will develop a co-produced and collaborative cultural engagement programme across Barnsley’s six Principal Towns and Elsecar.
As Programme Development Manager – Cultural Development Fund, you will be responsible for a project that will be transformational, forging a cultural and creative industries hub at Elsecar, with its wonderful industrial heritage, at the heart of a wider programme of cultural & creative activities in local hubs across Barnsley’s six Principal Towns. One of only seven second phase Arts Council England supported Cultural Development fund projects nationwide, you will be working with the Head of Culture and Visitor Economy, alongside the culture and economic development teams and you will drive this project forward, ensuring the local communities are at the heart of the project, and working with stakeholders across the Borough.
Responsibilities as our Programme Development Manager will involve:
- Lead on project management, co-ordinating resources to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Ensure that projects are effectively planned and managed within a formal programme and project management framework
- Provide professional advice and guidance in relation to projects, ensuring that key milestones and information are communicated to internal and external stakeholders
- Be responsible for monitoring risks and dealing with issues to ensure projects are delivered
- Undertake performance management and complex data analysis and interpretation, promoting quality practice and service delivery, ensuring continuous improvement
- Identify, evaluate and implement processes, technology and systems to enhance project and service delivery
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations
- Be responsible for programme team
Deadline: Friday 12th August 2022