We are looking for a set/spatial designer or scenographer to join our team on our Hinterlands project.
They will work closely with the whole project team, comprising: a moving image artist, a sound designer, a projectionist/lighting designer, a dramaturg, a playwright, multiple community producers and partners, creative facilitators, and permaculture specialists.
Together with this team, and our community partners, we will be creating a large-scale performance and celebration event to take place at Victoria Quays, Sheffield on September 18th 2022. The event will incorporate various artistic elements, focused around a film screening, live performative elements (eg. a live score / dance performances), and a community feast. The designer’s role will be to visually connect all the elements, and outputs may include costume, set, immersive/participatory elements (e.g. menus, activities), and other mediums.
We are looking for a set / spatial designer who:
- is experienced and highly skilled within their artform
- has experience of creating large-scale, artwork/s
- has experience, or is keen to develop experience, leading workshops with communities
- is interested in working across artforms with artists from other disciplines
- is excited by outdoor work and a connection to nature/plants/water/permaculture
- is based in or has connections to the North, particularly South Yorkshire
Rates of Pay
£2,832, based on day rates of £158 per day, or where relevant weekly rates of £550 per week. The Bare Project operate an equal pay policy, so the whole team are on the same daily and weekly rates. This fee is based on:
- 4 days workshop delivery (note: this may be a combination of some full days and some half days)
- 2 weeks planning, prep, design, sourcing
- 2 weeks on-site including delivery of final event
Download the full brief here:
Set/Spatial Designer – The Bare Project (docx)
Deadline: Friday 4th March 2022, 12 noon