We are looking for visual artists and creative writers to work on two projects across the Summer months of July and August 2022.
Both of these projects focus on providing high quality creative activities for children in local venues largely focused on areas of the city where provision and creative opportunity are low.
These projects have multiple dates for delivery in multiple venues and so we are expecting to take on several artists to deliver the work.
We are seeking high quality visual arts and creative writing artist facilitators;
We are looking for artist facilitators with:
- A high standard of creative skill and expertise
- Outstanding workshop facilitation and community engagement skills
- At least 1 years’ experience delivering workshops in a variety of community settings.
- Have experience working with children and young people in creative group settings
- Based in Sheffield and/ or surrounding areas with willingness to travel with an understanding and experience of the city.
- An up to date DBS check
The fees for lead artists:
- £70 for a 1hour session
- £100 for a 2 hour session
- £200 for a 4 hour session
This includes planning time and set up (expected arrival 30 minutes before workshop begins) and take down.
We will cover mileage at £0.45p/mile, bike travel at £0.20p/mile or public transport costs for any delivery that takes place further than 2 miles from your home. This will be capped £8.80 (equivalent day pass to travel on any transport in South Yorkshire).
Download the full job pack below:
Summer Opportunities for Freelance Artists – Ignite Imaginations (.docx)
Deadline: Monday 11th July 2022, 5pm