We are looking for an experienced freelance professional to support the recruitment and delivery of our new youth programme.
Contract: Fixed-term (2 years)
Hours: 1 day a week up to 8pm
The Youth Participation Manager will take full responsibility for the Youth Academy at Utopia ensuring we are working with the best facilitators, creating the most positive outcomes and progression for young people and that all opportunities are promoted and taken up by young people.
Youth Work & Delivery:
- To work closely with Artistic Director and the creative team to support the delivery of the Youth Theatre project, ensuring delivery is of the highest possible standards.
- To lead on the pastoral management of participants on both projects to ensure that information, advice and guidance services are delivered to the highest professional standards.
- To work closely with the Artistic Director and the creative team to lead on behavioural management in sessions and activities,
- To build constructive positive relationships with young people, and facilitate their learning and development by empowering them with the necessary confidence and knowledge to progress.
- To identify the relevant internal and external support, advice and guidance for the young people engaged on projects.
Recruitment & Planning:
- To lead on the delivery of recruitment strategies for the Academy, engaging young people who are under-represented.
- To manage and devise a recruitment strategy for Youth Theatre, engaging local schools, colleges and other arts organisations.
- To be fully responsible for thorough one-to-one recruitment of self-referred young people and those referred by external agencies and organisations, and to identify and then record accurate assessments of their needs, including any advice and guidance necessary to ensure there is no barrier to participation.
- To build relationships with local secondary schools, colleges and alternative education providers to ensure thorough recruitment and promotion for the project.
- Conduct necessary paperwork to enrol participants on the programme, including code of conduct and individual learning plans. Where relevant, to devise action plans to address young people’s needs throughout the young person’s engagement to ensure all young people can remain on the programme
- To work towards identified KPIs and targets and to provide accurate reports on these.
- To keep a log of all services and contacts made throughout the recruitment stage and to be responsible for the updating of the central participation spreadsheet & databases, ensuring this is regularly updated.
- To lead on project exit interviews to enable young people to make informed decisions and better choices for their future life exploring internal and external pathway opportunities.
- Take responsibility for administrative tasks related to the delivery of the programme, from maintaining accurate daily registers to taking minutes in daily evaluation meetings.
- To set up the session space, ensuring it is safe to work in and all equipment required for the session is present in the room.
The candidate must have a valid enhanced DBS check (or be willing to undergo necessary checks) and be registered Self Employed with a UTR number to be responsible for all taxes and national insurance contributions.
Deadline: Friday 3rd June 2022, 5pm
Please send CV and covering letter (one side of A4) to [email protected].